Lead Event Specialist (Full-Time)
Would you like to be Sea Cider’s Lead Event Specialist? Do you have a passion for event planning and people? Are you a stickler for staying organized? Do you love the idea of working with Clients to create exceptional experiences at a farm-based cidery? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our Lead Event Specialist is a highly organized, skilled communicator and event planning professional who books and coordinates events to ensure they run smoothly. Responsibilities include responding to event inquiries; guiding qualified leads through the event booking process; finalizing event details; hosting Clients on site visits; managing event payments; and ensuring a smooth handover to our events execution team. Our Lead Event Specialist also mentors our part time Event Specialist, helps train our Event Assistants and Event Hosts, provides insights to help improve Event procedures, makes sure that event plans align with Sea Cider’s policies and other operations, and leads projects intended to improve Sea Cider’s events business.
Comprehensive training is provided, including training in event sales, Client relationship management, event coordination, and of course cider!
About Sea Cider & Why work us?
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. As one of the most respected cideries in North America, we strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing safe and fulfilling work for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule and more.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, August 21st, 2022. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
This position requires an event planning professional with exceptional skills in developing relationships and tracking information. The successful candidate will be a positive self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to work for a family-owned, farm-based, community-minded, growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary degree and/or certificates – required; specialization related to event planning – preferred
- Vocation experience: event sales & coordination experience – required
- Industry experience: at least three years of experience in food & beverage, hospitality or events – required
- HR management skills: experience training others plus an interest in acquiring skills in team collaboration – an asset
- Relationship management: a gift for customer service, resolving client concerns successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place
- Communication skills, both written and oral: exceptional
- Computer skills: adept at word processing, social media, CRM software and database management, and an eagernessto learn new computer skills
- Personal aptitude: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple task lists simultaneously. A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work fulltime hours on a flexible schedule – including evenings and weekends – that is responsive to clients needs.
- Accessibility & physicality: The ability to take Event Clients on a physical tour of our farm, including wheelchair accessible indoor and outdoor event spaces, rain or shine.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
Compensation: A total annual target compensation $59,000, including a base salary of $45,000 and a commission of $14,000 on event bookings
- Budget for home office supplies
- Casual dress
- Cell phone allowance
- Company events
- Computer allowance
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Extended health care
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off for sickness, bereavement or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement**
- Work partly from home
**After one year in this position
Schedule: This is a full-time, year round permanent position with a general work week that is Thursday through Monday, generally 10am to 6pm during the High Season, with lieu time provided when the regular work schedule is adjusted.
Work remotely: Partly
COVID-19 policies: All recommended COVID-19 safety protocols are in place and all employees must be fully vaccinated.