Lead Event Host
Sea Cider is hiring a Lead Event Host! Do you love the idea of playing a leadership role hosting weddings and other special events on an agri-chique farm that crafts award-winning cider? Do you have a knack for friendly customer service and maintaining high service standards? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our Lead Event Host is a hands-on team leader who play a key role in ensuring that event guests have a positive experience. Duties include taking over the “duty of care” for the Event Client in the days leading up to the event, preparing the team and facilities on event day by assigning tasks and leading event set up, supervising other team members, serving guests, leading event take down, troubleshooting issues, completing event documentation, and acting as the main point of contact for event clients on event days.
We are a certified organic farm near Victoria BC that grows heirloom apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. Interested in coming aboard? We offer competitive pay, extra perks and more!
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, Sep 18, 2022. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
You excel at team coordination, communications and customer service. As a positive people person, you have an impressive track record in events, from weddings to corporate mixers. In addition you have:
- Education: High school completion – required. Serving It Right and Food Safe certification – required. Post secondary diploma or certificate in event-related field – preferred.
- Industry experience: at least 3 years of experience working at restaurants or event venues – required
- People management skills: an aptitude for leadership and at least one year of experience supervising service teams – required. Demonstrated success in teamwork and facilitating team collaboration. Experience as a trainer – an asset
- Communication skills, both written and oral: a gift for diplomacy, coupled with an ability to ensure that Sea Cider’s event policies are understood and followed by clients, vendors and staff
- Computer skills: proficiency in word processing, basic spreadsheets, point of sale systems – required. An eagerness to learn event software applications and develop other computer skills – required.
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, organizational skills, and personal accountability for building positive relationships. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback. A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work flexible hours – e.g. weekend and evening hosting events, morning rehearsals meeting with client, team meetings when scheduled.
- The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider, stacks of chairs and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside, rain or shine.
- Up to date COVID vaccination
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve.
Compensation: Target compensation of up to $25 per hour, including an hourly wage of $16.50 to $17 per hour plus vacation pay and share of pooled gratuities
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care *
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Extended health care*
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance*
- No early mornings
- Paid time off due to sickness, bereavement, or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Training in cider, customer service and event service
- Tuition reimbursement**
*After 3 months probation and must work an average of at least 30 hours per week
**After one year of service
Schedule: Mainly evenings and weekends; frequently a 3pm to 11pm shift.
Work remotely: Approximately one to two hours per event to review information and conduct Handover Meeting with Event Specialist and Client.
COVID-19 policies: Sea Cider follows all recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. The COVID vaccination status of all employees must be up to date.