We are seeking an Event Host to join our team!
Are you interested in playing a leadership role on a fantastic team of service stars, hosting weddings and other special events on an agri-chique farm? Do you enjoy customer service and helping others? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Event Hosts are hands-on team leaders who play a key role in ensuring that event guests have a positive experience. Duties include assigning tasks and supervising other team members, serving guests, troubleshooting issues, and acting as the main point of contact for event clients on event days. As part of Sea Cider’s Service Team, Event Hosts also have the opportunity to participate in other customer service work at the farm, from serving food and cider as part of our public tasting operations to helping with special projects, and other opportunities where training will be provided.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected cideries in North America, Sea Cider is an excellent choice for employment. Providing a safe and fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are two of the ways we achieve success. We also have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider.
This position requires skills in leadership, team coordination, communication and customer service. The person in this position is a positive individual with an impressive track record in events, from weddings to corporate mixers, who is excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Serving It Right is required. Food Safe Level 1 preferred.
- Industry experience: experience in food & beverage, hospitality or events – required. A gift for customer service.
- HR management skills: experience supervising service teams, and an aptitude for leadership and facilitating team collaboration.
- Relationships: gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place.
- Communication skills: strong. Demonstrated success in teamwork
- Computer skills: experience using point of sale systems, reservation systems, work processing systems, and a willingness to learn new computer skills
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week flexibility: willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider, stacks of chairs and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside, rain or shine.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements.
Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday, July 18th.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.