We are seeking a Production star to join our team! This is a full-time, year round position with competitive pay and many perks.
Are you interested in a career in winemaking, cidermaking or brewing? Would friends describe you as a stickler for following procedures and keeping things clean? Do you love physical labour and the idea of working for a farm-based cidery to produce award-winning cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Your work week will involve all types of production activities, from filling bottles and kegs to capping, labelling and warehousing. As a member of our Operations Team you will play an important role in helping Sea Cider achieve its production targets.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected cideries in North America, Sea Cider is an excellent career choice for you. We offer competitive pay, support for professional development, extended health care and more. Providing a fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are important to us. We also have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider.
This position is suited to someone who loves daily physical labour, is a stickler for following procedures, places a high importance on keeping things clean and enjoys teamwork. In addition:
- Education: no requirement
- Vocational experience in manufacturing: one year preferred
- Industry experience in beverages: one year preferred
- Machinery operation: experience with production equipment preferred
- HR: some experience as production floor lead preferred
- Software: familiarity with common software programs
- Communication skills: good
- Personal aptitude: initiative and sense of accountability for meeting company goals. Curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work a Monday to Friday “8:30 to 4:30” work week, but willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- The physical strength to safely and manually lift up to 25 kg several times daily and the physical stamina to work standing up all day. Willingness to work in cold and wet conditions at times.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
Schedule: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tom Krywko (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, June 20th 2021.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
- Casual dress
- Extended health care covering dental care, prescriptions, disability insurance and other medical services
- Life insurance
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition support
Link to full job description.