Position Description: Sales & Marketing Assistant – Lower Mainland
Reporting To: Marketing Manager and/or Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
FTE: Part time, year-round, from one to four days per week, seasonally dependent
Compensation: Hourly and/or commission
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Sea Cider produces several styles of cider – from traditional to innovative – which consistently win awards. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
transparency, integrity and honesty; and
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
- As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
Sea Cider’s Sales & Marketing Assistants present Sea Cider products to wholesale customers and consumers at store tastings, farmers markets and events (on-site and off-site), acting as Sea Cider brand ambassadors. They work under the direction of the Marketing Manager and/or the Regional Sales Manager.
At farmers’ markets, store tastings and other tasting events, Sales & Marketing Assistants:
- Set up and take down booths and tasting stations: This may include setting up a 10 x 10 tent, folding table, and lifting and transferring the tent, table, display items and cases of cider to and from Sea Cider/Storage Facility to markets, stores and event sites.
- Educate customers: This involves telling people about Sea Cider products, the Sea Cider story, our orchard and our approaches to environmental management and cidermaking, as well as providing product samples to consumers (verifying their age per liquor regulations).
- Sell bottles of cider: This involves processing payments, handling cash, managing a float, making bank deposits, and keeping records of transactions.
- Report inventory: This involves recording bottles poured, tracking supplies used (e.g. sample cups and bags), and alerting Manager when restocking is required.
This is an entry level position, ideally suited to a positive self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to represent a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary completion and Serving It Right certification – required
- Vocational experience: at least one year of experience in customer service or sales, and a gift for both
- Industry experience: experience in food & beverage, retail or hospitality preferred
- Stakeholder relationships: demonstrated success in teamwork
- Communication skills, both written and oral: strong
- Computer skills: basic familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software, and a willingness to learn new computer skills
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, organizational skills, and personal accountability for building positive relationships. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback. A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- Work week flexibility: A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle which can securely store/transport cases of cider and booth equipment
- Ability to lift up to 30 kg several times daily
Sound like you? Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org