Position Description: Groundskeeper (seasonal)
Job Title: Groundskeeper (seasonal)
Reporting To: Operations Manager
The Sea Cider team has built a company culture that embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from each other. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone.
- earnestness, transparency, integrity and honesty.
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
The Groundskeeper, as a member of the Operations Team, is accountable for ensuring that Sea Cider’s landscaped areas always look their best and are safe for visiting guests.
- Care for landscaped areas – e.g. weeding, planting, mowing, debris clean up, mulching, nutrient applications, disease and pest control, composting, etc.
- Orchard work – assist with orchard work whenever requested, including pruning, thinning, harvesting, etc.
- Standard Operating Procedures & Policies – works in compliance with these as well as with Sea Cider’s organic certification and safety requirements.
- Equipment maintenance – assist with preventive maintenance and repair.
- Supports management, the Operations Team and other Sea Cider divisions when requested.
Knowledge & Skills Required
This is a seasonal labour position, full-time during the growing season (April through September) with the potential to work at other positions within the company at other times of the year. We are seeking someone who enjoys physical outdoor work – whatever the weather – and is always prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Others describe you as a conscientious and reliable individual who works well with others. Are you a student looking for a summer job? Retired but looking for ways to stay active? Or just starting your career path and looking for a way into orcharding or cidermaking? Let us know if you are interested in this position!
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a small, young, rapidly growing farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create positive cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees. Cider wholesales span Western Canada and the US. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for weddings and corporate events.
Please email a resume and cover letter to our Operations Manager, Tim Lo (firstname.lastname@example.org)