Job Posting: Tasting Room Coordinator
Reporting To: Service Manager
Direct Reports: 0 to 8 per shift (seasonally dependent)
FTE: Full-time year round
Compensation: Full time hourly
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
- transparency, integrity and honesty; and
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
The Tasting Room Coordinator’s key accountability is ensuring that Tasting Room visitors have an exceptional experience, and that Tasting Room operations meet Sea Cider’s business goals. S/he works under the direction of the Service Manager.
- Customer Service: a minimum of 5 hours each day as a Tasting Room Host
- HR: supervising service staff; assisting Service Manager with recruiting, training and performance reviews
- Menu planning: collaborating with Service Manager and Sales Manager on seasonal menu ideas, then executing
- Merchandising: collaborating with Service Manager and Sales Manager on merchandise ideas, then executing
- Tour groups: liaising with Tour Operators and/or Sea Cider sales team on tour expectations, then planning tour execution and leading tours
- Supplies: assisting the Service Manager with keeping track of service equipment and supplies (e.g. physical inventory counts); ordering more supplies as needed
- Facilities: informing Service Manager and/or Operations Manager of equipment issues, assisting Service Manager with coordinating/scheduling maintenance; undertaking minor/routine maintenance tasks (e.g. dishwasher deep cleaning)
- Cash management: undertaking daily cash out; managing the Tasting Room float
- Miscellaneous: assisting the Service Manager with other duties whenever required
This position requires a positive professional with an exceptional track record in customer service in the food and beverage industry who is excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary degree and/or diploma/certification
- Work experience in similar role: At least three years
- Work experience in this industry: preferred
- Leadership experience: minimum three years supervising other staff
- A gift for customer service and a proven track record in problem solving, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place!
- HR management: no experience necessary, but a willingness to learn and implement best practices in HR management
Stakeholder relationships: a proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective internal and external relationships
- Communication skills, both written and oral: exceptional
- Software experience: some familiarity required, and a willingness to learn new programs and new skills
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting company goals.
- Excellent time management and coordination skills. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously. The ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
- Work week flexibility: A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business. Anticipated work week: Thursday through Monday.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to our Service Manager.