Job Posting: Farmers Market Sales Associate
Job Description: Farmers Market Sales Associate
Sea Cider is an established and profitable, family-owned business that produces award-winning cider. At our core, we exist to create exceptional cider experiences and we are well positioned in the BC market with strong brand recognition.
Our values are central to how we work and how we achieve results. Exceptional customer service is a fundamental value and an exceptional ability to develop relationships is needed in every role at Sea Cider. A sense of humour, kindness conscientiousness, reliability, transparency, curiosity and collaboration are key attributes for each member of the Sea Cider team.
Sea Cider is looking for an accountable and professional Farmers Market Associate to join our rapidly growing team. The Farmers Market Associate attends farmers markets and other special events on behalf of Sea Cider, selling cider, conducting tastings and representing the Sea Cider brand at public events.
As a candidate for this position, your excellent interpersonal skills make you an approachable and outgoing sales professional. These skills are coupled with an organized and thoughtful approach to attending and managing off-site events independently. By managing the entire execution of the event, the Farmers Market Sales Associate is instrumental in all aspects of Sea Cider’s representation at farmers markets and other special events.
Farmers Market Sales Associate travels to farmers markets in the Greater Victoria several days a week. You will be responsible for all transport and set-up of the Sea Cider stall, processing and brokering transactions, sampling product and keeping cash-out and sales records neat and tidy. The successful candidate will have a valid drivers license, serving is right certificate and a vehicle to transport goods.
If this sounds like you, in return Sea Cider provides an exciting, flexible and unconventional work environment for the right person!
Knowledge & Skills Required
Exceptional customer service is a core value at Sea Cider. Our customers, colleagues and suppliers expect this from us; it is a fundamental value by which we conduct ourselves. Farmers Market Sales Associate must fulfill this customer service expectation and demonstrate exceptional relationship skills, whether with clients, colleagues or suppliers.
In addition to exceptional customer service skills, the position requires a sincere, friendly, positive individual. Other knowledge and skills required are as follows:
- Previous sales experience
- Previous customer service experience in food and beverage, tourism or events
- Successful event execution experience
- Serving experience
- An ability to create exceptional looking sales displays/stalls
- Strong communication skills and a positive disposition
- A valid drivers license
- A valid serving it right certificate
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables
- Experience with cash out and cash handling procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
The Farmers Market Associate is accountable for:
- Attending farmers markets and special events
- Meeting farmers market sales goals
- Set-up and take down of farmers market stalls
- Brokering transactions, cash-out and money handling
- Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager & Service Manager
- Creating event plans in keeping with Sea Cider’s policies, standard operating procedures and gross margin goals
- Complete inventory and bottle counts daily
- Responsible for ensuring all Sea Cider Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times
- Participate in actively viewing and planning ahead for shift availability
- Representing Sea Cider in a professional and courteous way at all times
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please send resumes and cover letters our Service Manager, Michelle.