Job Posting: Cider Sales Specialist
Reporting To: Sales Manager
FTE: Full time year round
Compensation Combination of base salary plus commission
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the founder’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences to its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment to its staff
- operate as a community-minded, value-driven business
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Sea Cider produces several styles of cider – from traditional to innovative – which consistently win awards. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind and conscientious; we are reliable and value systems; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to consistently produce award-winning cider. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
- transparency, integrity and honesty; and
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability and Responsibilities
- The Cider Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Sea Cider products to liquor stores and licensees in the designated region, acting as Sea Cider’s Territory Manager at industry and promotional events, and meeting sales targets. Specific duties include:
Regular phone calls to Sea Cider’s wholesale customers in the region (i.e. we expect that 25% of our regional customers are called each week)
- Regular customer visits to meet with staff, introduce new products to staff, and assist them with product placement, shelf talkers, etc. (i.e. we expect that 25% of our customers are visited each month)
- Regular public tastings at customer locations (i.e. we expect that you will conduct at least 1 public tasting each week)
- Social media posts (i.e. we expect that you will create/re-post relevant posts several times per week)
- Reporting the use of promotional cider, noting dates, the number of bottles used and the customers who received the promotional bottles
- Reporting all customer communications and contact (phone calls, store visits, emails) using provided CRM software
- Providing Sea Cider with signed credit applications for new customers, which must be completed by the customer prior to their first sales order being fulfilled
- Weekly phone meeting updates with Sea Cider’s Sales Manager and frequent emails to relaying any customer issues and feedback, provide market intelligence and discuss strategies for growing sales
- Regularly attending promotional events, creating new sales initiatives (e.g. cider dinners with restaurant partners) and initiating other promotional activities
This position is well suited to an ambitious self-starter with exceptional customer service skills who loves sales and enjoys working independently yet meeting new people and networking with other professionals and the public. You are excited by the opportunity to work in a variety of sales scenarios – from home office-based sales calls, to public cider tasting events and farmers markets, to frequent visits to stores and restaurants. You are keen to work off-site for a community-minded, growth-oriented, farm-based cidery that can support your long term professional development goals. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary degree and/or certificates – preferred
Vocation experience: Professional experience in sales – required
- Industry experience: Professional experience in BC’s beverage industry – required
- Leadership experience: not required, but an aptitude for and an interest in acquiring these skills
- HR skills: not required, but an aptitude for and interest in acquiring skills in team collaboration as well as training and supervising colleagues
- Stakeholder relationships: The ability to build positive and effective relationships
- Communication skills, both written and oral: exceptional
- Computer skills: competent with word processing, social media, CRM and spreadsheet software, and a willingness to learn new computer skills
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, organizational skills, and personal accountability for meeting targets and building positive relationships.Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback
- Work week flexibility: Happy to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- A desire to develop professional skills and knowledge about cider, sales, the cider industry, etc.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and a registered and insured, road worthy vehicle
- Storage space for sales equipment, samples and supplies
- The physical strength to safely and manually lift cases of cider (up to 20 kg) multiple times per day, set up tables and tents for off-site tastings and events, walk several hundred metres pushing dollies of sales supplies and equipment, etc.
- A desire to work for a business that is seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Sea Cider’s Sales Manager, Cameron Duke (email@example.com) by July 23rd. We thank all those who apply; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.