We are seeking someone with a passion for hands-on orcharding to join our team! This is a full-time, year round, permanent position with competitive pay and many perks.
Are you interested in organic orcharding on a farm that produces award-winning cider? Do you love working outdoors and physical labour? Would friends describe you as a great trouble-shooter? Then we’d love to hear from you!
The Farm Technician is a key member of Sea Cider’s Operations Team, responsible for the harvest of everything we grow on the farm, as well as the maintenance of the gardens, the forest, and farm-related infrastructure and equipment. Your work week would generally be on-site 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, rain or shine. Farm work at Sea Cider covers everything from pruning and weed-eating to repairing the fence and feeding the chickens. The work varies by season.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected cideries in North America, Sea Cider is an excellent career choice for you. We offer competitive pay, support for professional development, extended health care and more. Providing a fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are two of the ways we achieve success. We also have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider.
- Education: Post secondary degree, diploma or certification in horticulture, agronomy, agrology or similar preferred
- Vocational experience in farming, orcharding, vineyards, horticulture, landscaping or similar required
- Carpentry and general handyman experience preferred
- Machinery operation: experience with farming equipment preferred
- HR: some experience supervising others preferred
- Software: familiarity with common software programs an asset
- Communication skills: good
- Personal aptitude: initiative and sense of accountability for meeting company goals. Curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed. Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work a Monday to Friday “8:30 to 4:30” work week, but willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- The physical strength to safely and manually carry heavy harvest crates several times daily, prune trees, operate a weed eater and other physically demanding tasks for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside, even in cold and wet conditions.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
- Casual dress
- Extended health care covering dental care, prescriptions, disability insurance and other medical services
- Life insurance
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off
- Training and tuition support
- 8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday
Work remotely: no
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume plus a covering letter that describes how you meet the requirements listed in the job description, found here: Position Description – Farm Technician
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tom Krywko (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, June 20th 2021.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.