We are seeking a Cidermaking star to join our team! This is a full-time, year round, permanent position with competitive pay and many perks.
Have you embarked on a career in winemaking, cidermaking or brewing? Would friends describe you as a stickler for following procedures and keeping things clean? Do you love physical labour and the idea of working for a farm-based cidery to make award-winning cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Your work week will focus on all types of cidermaking activities, from pitching yeast and preparing juice to cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and more cleaning and sanitizing. Working under the supervision of our Head Cidermaker, you will play an important role in helping Sea Cider achieve its cidermaking targets and plan new products.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected cideries in North America, Sea Cider is an excellent career choice for you. We offer competitive pay, support for professional development, extended health care and more. Providing a fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are two of the ways we achieve success. We also have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider.
This position is suited to someone who loves daily physical labour, values standard operating procedures, and places a high importance on keeping things clean. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Certification or post secondary diploma in related field preferred
- Vocational experience in cidermaking, winemaking or brewing: at least one year required
- Machinery operation: experience with beverage production equipment preferred
- Software: familiarity with common software programs
- Communication skills: good
- Personal aptitude: initiative and a sense of accountability for meeting company goals. Curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work a Monday to Friday “8:30 to 4:30” work week, but willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business
- The physical strength to safely and manually lift up to 25 kg several times daily and the physical stamina to work standing up all day. Willingness to work in cold and wet conditions at times.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
Schedule: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tom Krywko (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, June 20th 2021.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
- Casual dress
- Extended health care covering dental care, prescriptions, disability insurance and other medical services
- Life insurance
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition support
Click here for job Description: Cider Technician