Farmers Market Sales Associate (Vancouver, BC)
Position: Farmers Market Sales Associate
Location: Vancouver, BC
Hours: Part-time / Seasonal Employee
Compensation: Wage + commission
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a rapidly growing, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create exceptional cider experiences and to:
– be a profitable family-owned farm business
– provide high-quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
– provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
– operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to nearly 40 employees with annual cider production approaching 12,000 cases and growing. Sea Cider produces several styles of cider – from traditional to innovative – which consistently win awards. Cider wholesales span Western North America. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events.
Our work culture embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
– a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone;
– transparency, integrity and honesty; and
– a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As someone on our team you live and work by these values too.
Focus of Accountability
The Farmer’s Market associate is responsible for selling cider at regional Farmer’s Markets through education and sales of Sea Cider products to the customer. S/he is responsible for the sales transactions, inventory, and most importantly the brand integrity of Sea Cider at the markets. S/he works under the direction of the Sales Manager.
At Farmer’s Markets:
– Setting up and taking down booths, including lifting and transferring cases of cider to and from Sea Cider to markets and events
– Explaining our ciders to customers
– Providing samples to customers and selling bottles of cider
– Accountable for cider sample budget
– Processing payments, keeping records of transactions, handling cash and managing market inventory
– Acting as a Sea Cider brand ambassador in all interactions with the public
This position requires an experienced sales professional with exceptional planning, communication and customer service skills. S/he is a positive self-starter with an impressive track record in customer service who is excited by the opportunity to represent a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
– Work experience in a similar role: At least one year
– Work experience in this industry: preferred
– A gift for customer service and a proven track record in problem solving, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place!
– Stakeholder relationships: a proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective internal and external relationships
– Communication skills, both written and oral: exceptional
– Software experience: some familiarity, and a willingness to learn new programs and new skills
– Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting company goals. Excellent time management and coordination skills. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously. The ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
– Work week flexibility: A willingness to work evenings and weekends.
– Must have a reliable vehicle able to transport inventory and ‘sales kit’ to and from markets
– Serving it Right certification
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Sea Cider Sales Manager, Cameron Duke (Cameron@seacider.ca).