Servers (Part-Time | Mid-week)
We are seeking a part-time service star to join our team! Do you enjoy customer service and helping others? Do you love the idea of working on an organic farm serving exceptional cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our team of Servers provides visitors with an exceptional cider experience. On a day-to-day basis team members serve food and cider to our guests, clean and tidy service areas, serve beverages at events, set up and clean up event spaces and more. Four-hour and eight-hour daytime and evening shifts are available. Pay is $17.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay + a share of the tips pool.
Comprehensive training is provided, covering hosting, bartending, food & beverage service, retail sales, and of course, cider!
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food and beverages (farm fresh eggs and cider!)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off for sickness, bereavement, or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Wellness program (discounted on-site yoga classes!)
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. As a cider-centric, community-minded business rooted in farming, we strive to create exceptional cider experiences while operating as a conscientious land steward and providing a safe and fulfilling work environment for staff. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious, and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule, and more.
You are a positive, service-oriented person keen to play a team role in a collaborative environment that values kindness, conscientiousness and fun! In addition, you have:
- Education: Serving It Right – required; Foodsafe Level 1 – an asset.
- Vocational experience: an aptitude for customer service – required; at least one year of food & beverage service – required.
- Industry experience in the hospitality, food & beverage, events, or retail sectors – required.
- Communication skills: strong. A gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place. Demonstrated success in teamwork
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills, and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week availability: able to work part-time, mainly daytime shifts.
- Physical requirements: The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside occasionally, rain or shine.
- Health and safety: Up to date communicable disease vaccinations, including for COVID.
- Continuous improvement: A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. More information is available at www.seacider.ca/careers. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.