Servers (Part-Time | Mid-week | $24 including tips)
We are seeking service stars to join our team! We have openings for part time Servers. Do you enjoy customer service and helping others? Do you love the idea of working on an organic farm serving exceptional cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our team of Servers provide visitors with an exceptional cider experience. On a day to day basis team members serve food and cider to our guests, clean and tidy service areas, serve beverages at events, set up and clean up event spaces and more.
Four hour and eight hour daytime and evening shifts are available. Pay is $17.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay + a share of the tips pool. Comprehensive training is provided in food and beverage service and of course, cider!
Comprehensive training is provided, covering hosting, bartending, food & beverage service, retail sales, and of course, cider!
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food and beverages (farm fresh eggs and cider!)
- Free on site parking
- Paid time off for sickness, bereavement or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Wellness program (discounted on site yoga classes!)
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing safe and fulfilling work for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule and more.
You are a positive, service-oriented person keen to play a team role in a collaborative environment that values kindness, conscientiousness and fun! In addition you have:
- Education: Serving It Right – required before start date; Foodsafe Level 1 – an asset.
- Vocational experience: at least one year of customer service experience – required. A gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place.
- Industry experience in hospitality, food and beverage – preferred
- Relationships: Demonstrated success in teamwork and contributing to a positive team culture.
- Communication skills: a gift for diplomacy
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week availability: able to work part time, mainly mid-week daytime shifts.
- Physical requirements: The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside occasionally, rain or shine.
- Health and Safety: adherence to Sea Cider’s COVID and Communincable Disease Prevention Plan, including vaccination against COVID.
- Continuous improvement: A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. More information is available at www.seacider.ca/careers. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.