We are seeking an Operations Hand to join our team!
Interested in getting into the world of brewing and cidermaking? Ready for a hands-on role where you can grow your skills, gain experience and build your resume? Sea Cider is looking for someone relatively new to an operations role who loves physical labour, working both indoors and outdoors and is keen to build skills in beverage manufacturing and orcharding. As an Operations Hand you work on a team that is responsible for producing high quality products and caring for our orchard. You love pitching in to help others and respect how important it is to follow safe work practices. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you!
Sea Cider is a family-owned, certified organic farm and award-winning cider producer near Victoria, BC. At our core, we exist to create exceptional cider experiences. Providing a fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are two of the ways we achieve success. Other team values include a sense of humour, a positive outlook, a desire to learn and improve, and the tenacity it takes to produce exceptional cider.
- Production: Bottling, capping, pasteurizing, labeling, packaging and other production related activities
- Farm Work: Mowing, weeding, mulching, harvesting and other farm related activities
- Product Quality: Monitoring quality and alerting supervisors to any quality issues so they can be corrected
- Information Management: Keeping accurate production and farm records
- Standard Operating Procedures & Policies: Working in compliance with Sea Cider’s procedures, policies, safety requirements and organic regulations
- Continuous Improvement: Identifying and contributing to better procedures
- Operations Support: Participating in other operations activities as required
- General Support: Supporting Sea Cider management and other divisions when requested
- Education: High school
- Work experience: training will be provided
- Communication skills, both written and oral: good
- Software experience: none required but a desire to gain skills in this area is required
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license
- A desire to learn how to operate a forklift and other production equipment
- The physical strength and endurance to safely lift up to 25 kg routinely and be standing and working on your feet all day
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected farm-based businesses on Vancouver Island, then Sea Cider is an excellent career choice. We offer competitive compensation, significant training, support for professional development, flexible hours, extended health care and more.
How to Apply
If the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume and cover letter to our Operations Manager, Tom Kwyrko.