Lead Sales Associate (Island Based)
We are seeking a sales star to join our team!
Are you a people person with a passion for sales and merchandising? Do you love the idea of selling award-winning cider made by an organic orchard-based cidery? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our Lead Sales Associate is a full-time position ideally suited to someone eager to grow their career in beverage sales and merchandising. The main focus is selling cider to our retail customers via our Ciderhouse, our Cider Club and our online store. Additionally, this person helps in Sea Cider’s other divisions by, for example, assisting our Ciderhouse Tastings Team, conducting tastings at retailers, selling cider at markets and acting as a Sales Ambassador at special events. Comprehensive training is provided, including training in sales, merchandising, inventory management, cider club and online store administration, and of course cider!
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. As one of the most respected cideries in North America, we are an excellent career choice. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing safe and fulfilling work for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule and more.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, October 12th, 2022. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
You are relatively new to sales and are looking for your next career step to grow as a beverage sales and merchandising professional. In addition you have:
- Education: Post secondary degree and/or certificates preferred; current Serving It Right certificate required.
- Vocational experience: at least one year of sales experience with success in meeting revenue targets.
- Industry experience: experience in BC’s beverage industry preferred.
- Beverage knowledge: A keen desire to develop cider knowledge and become familiar with liquor regulations (e.g. rules regarding liquor samples).
- Marketing: experience with social media marketing an asset.
- People Management skills: no experience necessary, but a keen interest in acquiring skills in team collaboration.
- Stakeholder relationships: Demonstrated success in creating win/win relationships.
- Communication skills, both written and oral: excellent.
- Computer skills: competent with word processing, social media, CRM and spreadsheet tools (e.g. Google Sheets), and a willingness to learn new computer skills.
- Personal aptitude: always professional, highly organized, and keen to “own” revenue targets. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
- COVID: Up to date COVID vaccination required.
- Work week flexibility: Able to work a Tuesday through Saturday daytime work week.
- The physical strength to safely and manually lift cases of cider (up to 20 kg) multiple times per day, set up tables and tents for tasting events, walk several hundred metres pushing dollies of supplies and equipment.
- Travel: A valid Class 5 driver’s license and a registered and insured, road worthy vehicle. Ability to travel an average of two afternoons a week to visit BC wholesale accounts.
- A desire to work for a farm-based, family owned BC business that is seeking to continually improve.
Compensation: A total target compensation of up to $25/hour, consisting of an hourly wage of $17 + share of pooled gratuities + 4% vacation + commission
- Advancement opportunities
- Casual dress
- Cell phone allowance
- Comfortable dress code
- Company events
- Computer allowance
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Extended health care
- Leadership training
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
- No early mornings
- No late nights
- Paid time off for sickness, bereavement or extreme weather events
- Paid vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement**
- Work life balance
** After full year of employment
Schedule & FTE: This is a full-time, year round permanent position with a general work week that is Tuesday through Saturday, generally 10:30am to 6:30pm Tuesday through Thursday, and 2pm to 10pm Fridays and Saturdays.
Work remotely: n/a
COVID-19 policies: All recommended COVID-19 safety protocols are in place and all employees must be fully vaccinated.