Lead Kitchen & Deli Associate
Sea Cider is hiring a full-time Lead Kitchen & Deli Associate! Do you love the idea of creating cider-centric foodie experiences on an organic farm that crafts award-winning cider? Do you have a knack for friendly customer service? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our Lead Kitchen & Deli Clerk is one of our Service Associate Leads, working in the Sea Cider Kitchen & Deli, preparing food, assisting customers, keeping our Deli stocked and our customers happy! In the busy season most of the work week will be spent in the Kitchen, while in the quiet season there will be some shifts helping out in other areas on our service team. This is a “9 to 5” position with a compensation target of $25 per hour, including an hourly wage of $17 plus 4% vacation pay plus pooled gratuities. Training will be provided in food preparation, kitchen cleaning & sanitation, inventory management, teamwork, customer service and of course cider!
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing safe and fulfilling work for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule and more.
You are a friendly, hard working foodie with a proven track record in commercial kitchens and a customer service star! In addition you have:
- Education: Food Safe Level 1 and Serving It Right – required; post secondary training in commercial kitchens – preferred.
- Vocational experience in a commercial kitchen, restaurant or deli – required.
- Computer skills: familiarity with POS systems and an eagerness to learn new programs.
- People management: experience training colleagues and a willingness to learn more people management skills such as team building and creating a positive team culture.
- Relationships: a gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place. Demonstrated success in teamwork.
- Communication skills: strong.
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week schedule: Able to work full-time hours, generally Thursday through Monday; willing to work occasional evenings to meet the needs of the business per Sea Cider’s lieu time policy.
- Physicality: The physical strength to safely lift and carry heavy items (up to 25 kg); work on your feet for hours at a time; perform frequent physical movements in a kitchen throughout the day and to work indoors and outdoors, rain or shine.
- Up to date COVID vaccination
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
How to Apply
Apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. Please email this information to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, Jan 31 2023. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Compensation: A total target compensation of up to $25 per hour, including an hourly wage of $17 per hour plus 4% vacation pay plus share of pooled gratuities
- Advancement opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Extended health care covering dental care, prescriptions, disability insurance, life insurance, travel insurance and other medical services (after three months of employment)
- Free on-site parking
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement for work related travel
- No early mornings
- No late nights
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off for sickness, bereavement or extreme weather events
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities *
- Staff discount
- Technology allowance (computer, cell phone)
- Training in food preparation, kitchen cleaning & sanitation, inventory management, teamwork, customer service and of course cider!
Schedule: This is a full-time, year round position with a work week that is generally 10am to 6pm during the High Season, with Sea Cider’s lieu time policy in effect when the regular work schedule is adjusted. Days off: generally Tuesday and Wednesday.
Work remotely: No
COVID-19 policies: Sea Cider follows all recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. The COVID vaccination status of all employees must be up to date.