Hospitality Associates (Full-time or Part-Time)
We are seeking service stars to join our team! We have several seasonal as well as year round positions open, full time and part time. Do you enjoy customer service and helping others? Do you love the idea of working on an organic farm serving exceptional cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our team of Hospitality Associates provide visitors with an exceptional cider experience. On a day to day basis team members serve food and cider to our guests, prepare food platters, clean and tidy service areas, serve beverages at events, set up and clean up event spaces and more. Other opportunities include working at farmers markets, gardening, picking apples and packaging cider on our production line.
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse grows certified organic cider apples and produces award-winning cider and sparkling juice near Victoria, BC. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing safe and fulfilling work for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences. We offer competitive pay, extra perks, a flexible schedule and more.
You are a positive, service-oriented person keen to play a team role in a collaborative environment that values kindness, conscientiousness and fun! In addition you have:
- Education: Serving It Right – required; Foodsafe Level 1 – preferred.
- Vocational experience in customer service – preferred.
- Industry experience in hospitality, food and beverage – preferred
- Relationships: a gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place. Demonstrated success in teamwork
- Communication skills: strong
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Up to date COVID vaccination
- Work week flexibility: willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside occasionally, rain or shine.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
Compensation: A total target compensation of $22 per hour, which includes a wage of $16.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay + share of pooled gratuities
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off due to sickness, bereavement, or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Training in cider, customer service and event service
Schedule: Eight hour and four hour shifts available weekdays, weekends, daytime, and evenings. Work schedule can be planned around your other commitments.
Work remotely: No
COVID-19 policies: Sea Cider follows all recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. The COVID vaccination status of all employees must be up to date.
How to ApplyApply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements for the position. Please email this information no later than Sunday, March 5th 2023. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.