We are seeking service stars to join our team! We have several summer and fall positions open, full time and part time. Do you enjoy customer service and helping others? Do you like the idea of working on an organic farm serving exceptional cider? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Sea Cider is a cider-centric, community-minded business rooted in farming. We are one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for cider experiences. Our farm is also a unique agri-chic venue for cider-centric events. We strive to create exceptional cider experiences while supporting local food security, providing a safe and fulfilling work environment for staff, and operating as a value-driven business. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to consistently produce award-winning cider and positive customer experiences.
Our team of Hospitality Associates provide visitors with exceptional cider experiences. Comprehensive training is provided for one or more of the following positions: Tastings Host, Cider Guide, Event Server and Kitchen Attendant. On a day to day basis team members serve food and cider to our guests, prepare food platters, clean and tidy service areas, serve beverages at events, set up and clean up event spaces and more. Other opportunities include working at farmers markets, gardening and packaging cider on our production line.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected cideries in North America, Sea Cider is an excellent career choice. We offer competitive pay, professional development and more.
Hospitality Associates are positive, service-oriented people with proven track records in exceptional customer service in the food & beverage industry. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Food Safe Level 1 and Serving It Right required
- Vocational experience in customer service required
- Industry experience in hospitality, food and beverage preferred
- Relationships: a gift for customer service, resolving customer complaints successfully, and avoiding complaints in the first place. Demonstrated success in teamwork
- Communication skills: strong
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, great listening skills and openness to feedback. Ability to work well with others and to jump in to help when needed.
- Work week flexibility: willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- The physical strength to safely and manually carry cases of cider and dish racks, and the physical stamina to work on your feet for hours at a time. Willingness to work outside occasionally, rain or shine.
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve
- $15.50 per hour + share of pooled gratuities
- Company events
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid time off due to sickness, bereavement, or extreme weather events
- Store discount
- Training in cider, customer service and event service
- Weekdays, weekends, daytime, evenings
Work remotely: no
COVID-19 policies: Sea Cider follows all recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. The COVID vaccination status of all employees must be up to date.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume plus a cover letter that describes how you meet the requirements.
Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday, July 24th.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.