We are seeking a highly motivated and organized administrative star to join our team! This is a full-time, year round, permanent position with competitive pay and many perks. Sea Cider is a family-owned, farm-based business near Victoria, BC that produces award-winning cider. The Administrative Clerk reports directly to the Financial Controller and is responsible for entering and managing day-to-day accounting transactions as a key member of our Finance and Admin team.
Providing a fulfilling work environment for staff and operating as a value-driven business are two of the ways we achieve success, but our work culture embodies many more values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; we enjoy collaborating and learning from one another; and we are tenacious in our efforts to produce exceptional cider.
You have a passion for the details, problem solving, and are excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded company that seeks to continually improve. You are interested in a career in accounting and are looking to grow your skills and knowledge in this area. Work hours are generally 8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday on site in the Farmhouse, with the possibility for some remote working.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for one of the most respected farm-based businesses on Vancouver Island, Sea Cider is an excellent career choice for you. We offer competitive compensation, support for professional development, flexible hours, extended health care and more.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a resume plus a covering letter that describes how you meet each of the requirements listed in the job description, found below.
Please email this information to our Financial Controller, Terence Prince, no later than Monday, May 31st.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health care and Life Insurance available, covering dental care, prescriptions, disability insurance and other medical services
- Discounted or free food and beverages
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Training and tuition support
- 8:30 to 4:30
- Monday to Friday
- Remote work: Possibly part-time
Focus of Accountability
- The Administrative Clerk’s focus of accountability is processing daily financial transactions, including but not limited to:
- Wholesale transactions: Processing wholesale orders, arranging deliveries, processing customer payments, keeping customer information current, collecting on overdue accounts, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Event transactions: Processing interim and final event payments when required.
- Retail transactions: Entering Daily Sales transactions into Sea Cider’s accounting system, preparing tour group invoices and miscellaneous retail customer invoices and processing their payments, collecting on overdue accounts, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Market transactions: Entering Market transactions into Sea Cider’s accounting system.
- Banking: Preparing bank deposits, managing cash on hand and floats.
- Accounts Payable: Entering approved and coded vendor invoices into the accounting system, preparing cheque payments, and processing vendor payments once approved.
- General Administration: Filing and helping with miscellaneous daily administrative tasks.
This position requires an organized individual who excels as a team player and who is excited by the opportunity to work for a community-minded yet growth-oriented company. In addition, the position requires:
- Education: Post secondary degree and/or certification preferred
- Work experience in a similar role: At least one year preferred
- Industry experience: experience in farming, manufacturing or hospitality an asset
- Stakeholder relationships: demonstrated success in problem solving and collaboration. A proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective internal and external relationships
- Communication skills, both written and oral: strong
- Software experience: familiarity with word processing, accounting, and spreadsheet software preferred. A willingness to upgrade skills. Experience with QuickBooks an asset
- Personal aptitude: a high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for completing work assigned. Excellent time management skills. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously. The ability to work well under pressure and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. Curiosity, great listening skills and an openness to feedback.
- Work week flexibility: A willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings, to meet the needs of the business
- A desire to develop professional skills, and to train others in those skills
- A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve