Job Posting: Manager | Finance & Administration
We’re looking for a professional and service-oriented manager to head-up our Finance and Administration Department. The ideal candidate’s finance and accounting wizardry will be matched with outstanding customer-service skills and a reliable and earnest work ethic. In return, we off a competitive compensation package and an exciting career in a non-conventional work environment with a farm-based business!
If you’d like to put your finance and accounting skills to work with an creative and innovative business we would love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to Kathy Neeves (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Sea Cider team has built a company culture that embodies many values. We have a sense of humour and a positive outlook; we are kind, conscientious and reliable; and we enjoy collaborating and learning from each other. Other fundamental values by which we operate include:
- a respectful, service-oriented approach to everyone.
- earnestness, transparency, integrity and honesty.
- a desire for meaning and earning more than a pay cheque.
As Finance Manager you live and work by these values too.
Overall Position Accountability
The Finance Manager is accountable for ensuring that Sea Cider is successfully fulfilling its administrative and financial obligations to colleagues, customers, vendors and authorities.
- Leads the Finance & Administration Division and sits as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Undertakes and/or delegates and supervises all bookkeeping and accounting activities.
- Collects, manages, interprets and reports on financial data. Monitors and reports on business performance against performance metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Delivers timely and accurate information to colleagues. Collaborates with the Owner and Division Managers to develop performance metrics and reporting tools as needed.
- Ensures that Finance & Admin is executed in accordance with Sea Cider’s Standard Operating Procedures & Policies as well as legal requirements. Develops and/or improves policies and standard operating procedures as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other Division Managers to ensure that Finance & Admin supports Sales & Marketing, Service, Operations, and overall business goals.
- Oversees personnel in the Division. Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises and conducts regular performance reviews. Ensures that personnel are executing their functions successfully. Acts as a mentor while still representing management and business interests.
- In collaboration with the Owner and other Division Managers, plans the use of time and resources on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis. Develops business growth plans in consultation with the Owner and Division Managers and acts as Project Manager on new initiatives as required.
- In collaboration with other Division Managers, manages and costs inventory.
- Administers the company’s HR intake process, insurance policies, as well as manages office supplies and other general office and administrative functions.
- Maintains and/or improves upon Sea Cider’s CRM systems, POS system and other financial management tools and systems.
- Troubleshoots issues (human resources, equipment, supplies, customer complaints, etc) on a daily basis and “goes the extra mile” to resolve problems successfully.
- When required, represents Sea Cider at promotional events. Conducts site tours for media and customers on occasion; performs public relations as required.
- Supports the Owner and other Managers as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
This position requires a conscientious professional with a keen desire to support Sea Cider’s success and:
- A proven track record of outstanding financial management and administrative leadership, problem solving, collaboration and team building success.
- Strong full-cycle accounting skills. A professional accounting designation or similar education or progress towards an accounting designation.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience using Quickbooks accounting software as well as database, spreadsheet, CRM and POS tools.
- A proven ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- A high degree of professionalism, initiative and personal accountability for meeting deliverables. A willingness to pitch in and help colleagues, and to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done.
- The ability to work well under pressure, and to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to assess problems, recommend actions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven success in leading departmental improvements as well as a continuous improvement mindset. A desire to work for a business that is growing and seeking to continually improve.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings to meet business needs.
About Sea Cider
Sea Cider is a small, young, rapidly growing farm destination and award-winning cider producer. Incorporated in 2004, it was borne from the owner’s desire to build a community-minded business rooted in farming. At its core, Sea Cider exists to create positive cider memories and to:
- be a profitable family-owned farm business
- provide high quality cider and positive experiences for its customers
- provide a safe and fulfilling work environment for its staff
- operate as a value-driven business that is an asset to the community
Since sales began in 2007, Sea Cider has grown to over 20 employees with annual cider production approaching 10,000 cases and growing. Cider wholesales span Western Canada and the US. Locally, Sea Cider is known as one of the region’s top attractions, greeting visitors year round for tours and tastings. The ciderhouse is also a unique agri-chic venue for weddings and corporate events.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to Kathy Neeves (email@example.com).